Welcome to Corruption °C website
Updated Statistics on Convictions for Corruption Offences (2015 Data Added)
- In cases of criminal offenses related to public sector corruption, in which the first-instance judgments were made in 2015, the total number of tried persons exceeded 208, the largest number on record since 2004;
- At least 199 persons were convicted, the largest number of convicts on record since 2004;
- 141 criminal cases for bribe giving to the road police contributed to the large total number;
- First time since 2011, the number of convicted public officials increased. At least 33 public officials were convicted in the first instance in 2015. The largest number - 96 convicted officials - was in 2005. The smallest number - 20 - in 2014;
- Among the convicted public officials were 15 State Police officers, one public prosecutor, two customs officers, three state authorized persons in an enterprise, two board members of municipal enterprises, etc.;
- Two police officers and a public prosecutor received sentences of real prison terms.
Information added on 20 December 2016.
page revision: 82, last edited: 20 Dec 2016 12:04